Wednesday April 20, 2011 in New Orleans, LA
7-8 am Sunrise Gathering, Memorial Service with faith leaders and representatives from the Mayors office, Amphitheatre Across from Jackson Square Decatur Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
Press conference at 10 am at Gulf Coast Leadership Summit, Release of Weeks Bay Principles
7:00 pm House of Blues benefit concert with Brad Pitt, Kevin Kostner, name musicians
Wednesday April 20, 2011 on Grande Isle
Memorial of the 1st Anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon Explosion--Day 1
Grounds of the Grand Isle Medical Clinic 108 Willow Ln Grand Isle, LA 70358
Corner of La. 1 and Willow Lane, Grand Isle, LA, 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
• Fishless Fry and Shrimpless Boil – Refreshments available throughout the day.
• Children’s Oil Spill Art Exhibit
• Music and Poetry Reading
Tuesday through Thursday, April 19 – 21, 2011 Gulf Coast Leadership Summit
Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70140. Presentations, panels and exhibits about the effects of the BP Oil Disaster on the Gulf Coast. Free and open to the public.
Saturday, April 23 · 10:00am - 9:00pm
The Resurrection of the Gulf: A Day of Action and Hope
Pirate Island Daiquiri, La Hwy. 1, Grand Isle, LA
• Easter Tarball Hunt (Beach Cleanups)
• Chili Dogs, White beans and rice will be served. Vegetarian selections will also be available. Refreshments available throughout the day. Please consider donating at the serving tables.
• Children’s Bounce House (ages 10 and under)
• Bake Sale, Book Sale, “Repurposed Treasures” Yard Sale – all proceeds to help Island residents in need.
• Food/care package drive to benefit the citizens of Grand Isle, La.
Items needed: canned foods, boxed foods, childrens Tylenol, Motrin, cold medicines, toothpaste, razors, soap, gift cards, gas cards, toilet paper, paper towels, feminine care items, wound dressings, etc.
• “Planting Hope” - Native Vegetation and Tree Donation Drive