Friday, December 29, 2006

You can't argue with the Truth


OK. I admit it. I bought and finally watched the DVD of the movie, "An Inconvenient Truth" starring the former next President of the United States, Al Gore. Wow. What a powerful film this is. I wept when I saw the many clearly presented examples of how our reckless behavior is fouling our nest. You know the one I mean. The Earth.

That's right, WE ARE causing global warming. That's right, it IS our relentless spewing of all things carbon dioxide that is the primary culprit for the pickle we now find ourselves in.

Did you know that one of the most damning pieces of evidence presented in this film that proves, yes PROVES that Global Warming is real, and that WE are causing it are climate records extracted from ice cores from Antarctica? Neither did I.

These ice core climate records go back for over 650,000 years and they clearly show that there has NEVER been as much carbon dioxide in our atmosphere as there is today. I did not know that either. See this movie. It will open your eyes.

The evidence is so clearly presented here that even the Chimp-in-chief could understand the issue if he chose to see this movie. Of course, he never will see it, but you should see it. Buy it, rent it, borrow it, steal it (no not really) and see it already.

In the end, Al Gore rescued me from what could have been a generally depressing way to spend a Friday night by exuding a seemingly limitless supply of hope that we have the power, as well as the tools to change our potentially ghastly future. All we need now is the will to do so.

Thank you Al Gore. I love that guy.

Rene' Maggio
Delta Chapter Webmaster

http://www.climatecrisis.net/

No comments: